Private Room in a Sober Home.
We offer private rooms for people with a minimum of three months (90 days) sobriety. This is a perfect transition from a sober-living house to a more a new SOBER and independent life. Rent includes a clean and private room and a Bathroom shared only with 2 other roommates (not 6-10 as in many sober homes). This is a 100% straight-edge sober environment (no one will be shooting up in the bathroom after hours).
No boozers or users of any kinds permitted on site.
YOU are starting out with FULL RESPONSIBILITY for your new sober living situation, but with the support of a Landlord, roommates, neighbors and community that wants you to succeed!
Conveniently located half a block from the Methodist Church Meeting at St. Louis and Maryland Parkway. Walking distance to meetings at Central Office, the Alano Club, 6th and St. Louis, The LGBTQ Center, and a short bus ride to UNLV, the Tie Club and Serenity Club.
Together, YOU and your future roommates are responsible for furnishing the main living area. And YOU are responsible for furnishing your own room.
LANDLORD PAYS ALL BASIC UTILITIES: water, sewer, trash, power and gas. IF YOU WANT CABLE OR INTERNET, you must work that out with your roommates. The house is setup for cable, DISH and internet, but YOU must turn it on if desired.
A morning riser will like this room. It faces the front courtyard
A night owl will love this room. It is the darkest of the rooms as it faces west and will not get any morning sun
This room is for the garden enthusiast as the windows face out to the back trees.
CHORES: HOME + GARDEN
In addition to monthly rent in cash, you are required to put in 8-10 hours of work a month in the house and/or garden. Kitchen, Bathroom and regular floor mopping chores will be shared. When weather permits, you may be asked to work in the Urban Food Forest: weeding, checking on drip lines, trimming the fruit trees and/or other interesting building and planting projects.
1. Be Impeccable with your Word:
Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your Word in the direction of truth and love.
2. Don’t Take Anything Personally
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
3. Don’t Make Assumptions
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
4. Always Do Your Best
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.
Additional House Rules:
- RECOVERY IS #1: Full-time residents are expected to be working with a 12 step sponsor (AA or ACA), medical professional and/or other guided program or mentor-ship of their personal choice, or to at least be involved in some form of recovery or spiritual program of their choice. Minimum 3 meetings per week.
- 100% SOBRIETY: No alcohol or drugs or pharmaceuticals are allowed anywhere on premises. Any use of drugs or alcohol will be cause for the immediate forfeiture of rent and immediate discharge from WholeWay Home. Any resident who has knowledge of another resident using alcohol or drugs must inform management immediately. Each full-time resident is required to get a 2 Step TB test. They are available from the Clark County Health Department. Residents may be subject to and agree to random drug testing on their own dime.
- NO SMOKING: Cigarette smoking only allowed on the front porch bench. **Cigars and pipes may be allowed outside on ceremonial occasions.
- KEEP A CLEAN HOUSE: Residents agree to perform household chores and keep all communal areas of the house immaculate house (kitchen/living/bathroom). Each resident is responsible for keeping their own room neat and clean, including washing their bed linens once a week. Eating is allowed only in kitchen, dining and outdoor patio areas. Each resident is responsible for doing their own dishes and cleaning up after themselves immediately. Dirty dishes are not allowed to stay in the sink.
- SCHEDULING: There are no Curfews, however, residents are expected to use courtesy and respect in their daily noise and light activities. Suggested Sound Off and Lights Out Schedule will be posted at the house. If anyone requests that the televisions or music be turned down, their request must be honored. Residents must alert management if they intend to be gone for long periods of time and provide estimated time of return. Outside overnight stays are acceptable, however, extended stays without giving prior notice is grounds for immediate discharge.
- HOUSE MEETING: There is one House Meeting every month. The meetings cover both house matters and general health and recovery. If a resident has any issues with, or feedback regarding the way WholeWay Home is run, the resident should bring up their concerns at the House Meeting. Unless life threatening, personal issues should be tabled until the house meeting. We practice patience and friendly compromise until things can be handled with a Group Conscience.
- COMMON DECENCY: The taking or using of another resident’s property (including food) without the owner’s permission will result in immediate discharge from WholeWay Home. Sleeping in common areas is not allowed.
- CASH: Resident must have ability to pay rent in cash and pay a security deposit up front as proof of good faith. If you have a firm commitment to the WholeWay Home, but are unable to get a full security deposit, we will consider working with you on splitting those payments over time.
- SUPPORT YOUR NEW LIFE: Residents are expected to be actively working towards their life goals and dreams and are also expected to support fellow residents in their respective ambitions. Full-time residents are encouraged to be 100% responsible for and to lead or facilitate one activity of their choice on a regular basis: meeting, workout session, hike, learning activity, or anything that inspires them. WholeWay Home is for leaders!
- VISITOR POLICY: Additional visitors/guests are not allowed during normal day to day operations. Exception is for sponsors and healers (like energy workers/minister/health coach/masseuse/etc.) with prior notice to all other residents. I.E. everyone should have a courtesy heads-up that someone is coming over. If there is an agreed upon House Event, then visitors are always absolutely welcome to attend. Other special circumstances visits may also be considered. Any visitor who is found to be unwilling to abide by the House Rules, or appears under the influence or unstable will be asked to leave immediately. Absolutely NO overnight guests.
- RULES: Resident agrees to abide by all House Rules without Exception. Management will have sole discretion to determine whether resident(s) have violated any of the Rules. Any violation of Rules is cause for discharge of the resident from the premises. In the event that a Resident is discharged, the resident will pack their belongings and leave the property immediately. Discharged Residents may be readmitted subject to staff approval, meaning based on overall conduct during previous stay and events surrounding your discharge. If a guest is readmitted, there is never a refund of lost rent. These rules are general guidelines and do not encompass all conduct that acceptable. Residents are expected to use Common sense and plain good manners. Rent is non-refundable for any reason. No exceptions.
WholeWay Home does not discriminate based on race, creed, color, sexual orientation, age or anything other than you be committed to radical and positive change!
Bottom Line Costs
Rent is $550 a month. Includes all basic utilities.
Ability to work off an additional $50 a month rent by doing extra misc. tasks around the house.
1 month security is required. Security may be paid in 2 monthly installments with a 6 month commitment to your room.