House Rules and Requirements
These House Rules were setup when we were running WholeWay home as a strict sober-living oriented environment back in 2012. Now they serve as rough guidelines for the kind of conduct that is accepted around here. They should mostly make sense to you and be the way you are already living…
Mainly we follow the Golden Rule.
The following rules are intended to make your stay at WholeWay Home a positive experience. Rules do not mean we are treated like children. By spelling out these rule so explicitly it simply means we are all mature people who can handle responsibility and are able to follow common sense and have good manners! It’s like the saying goes, “fences make good neighbors.” When all parties know what is expected of them, we keep drama and unnecessary conflict to a minimum.
- Resident is committed to RADICAL life transformation and is clean/sober at time of application.
- While in on our property, all Guests, Visitors and Residents will be expected to respect and maintain a roughly vegetarian, GMO free, loosely macrobiotic type diet geared towards LIVING FOODS.
- Absolutely no flesh-based foods are permitted in house. Lacto ovo (dairy and eggs) is acceptable. Residents are encouraged to limit their intake of flesh foods while outside of the home to ethically raised, organically fed and free-range animals.
- Residents are expected to not bring any artificially flavored, colored, fragrance or genetically modified (GMO) items into the home. Residents will be asked to remove these items from the premises.
- Residents are expected to pay it forward and be interested in helping others in their quest for health and encourage other to WAKE UP.
- Residents understand that WholeWay Home is about diving into the deep end of the pool in terms of personal recovery and acknowledge that some items may be uncomfortable or difficult to adhere to, but Residents agree to act on faith and to “white knuckle” it to get through to the other side and give anything and everything suggested the benefit of doubt.
- Full-time residents are expected to have a minimum of 90 days sobriety and to be working with a sponsor, medical professional and/or other guided program or mentor-ship of their personal choice, or to at least be involved in some form of recovery or spiritual program of their choice and be interested in taking steps to improve their mental emotional and spiritual health.
- No alcohol or drugs or pharmaceuticals are allowed anywhere on premises. NO cigarette smoking allowed anywhere on premises. Any regular use of drugs or alcohol will be cause for the immediate forfeiture of rent and immediate discharge from WholeWay Home. **Cigars and pipes may be allowed outside on ceremonial occasions. **Ceremonial use of fermented beverages on special occasions are the exception to this rule. Alcohol is a ‘special occasion’ food. 🙂
- Sorry no fur pets on site. Pets with scales or feathers may be allowed.
- Full-time residents agree to perform regular household chores as posted. New Residents should let staff know if they have a preference for a specific household chore. Each resident is also responsible for keeping their own area neat and clean, including making their bed and washing their bed linens regularly.
- Residents are expected to abide by a reasonable schedule. There are no Curfews, however, residents are expected to use courtesy and respect in their daily noise and light activities.
- We try to have a House Meeting once a month after our Friday Shabbat, and attendance is highly encouraged. The meetings cover house matters, health and recovery.
- The taking or using of another resident’s property (including food) without the owner’s permission will result in immediate discharge from WholeWay Home.
- Residents should furnish WholeWay Home with a rough schedule and alert management if they intend to be gone for long periods of time and provide estimated time of return. We let you know the same. We all look out for one another.
- Sleeping in common areas is not allowed.
- Eating is allowed in kitchen, dining and outdoor patio areas. Exception to this rule is during Special Events or social gatherings. Each resident is responsible for doing their own dishes and cleaning up after themselves immediately. Dirty dishes are not allowed to stay in the sink. Dishwasher is provided only for special events when large amounts of dishes are used.
- If anyone requests that the communal televisions and radios be turned down, their request must be honored. Headphones are provided.
- Great care has gone into the design and displays in the public areas of WholeWay Home. Items may not be attached to walls or displayed in public areas without prior approval. You may decorate your private room however you wish.
- If a resident has any issues with, or feedback regarding the way WholeWay Home is run, the resident should bring up their concerns at a House Meeting. Unless life threatening, personal issues should be tabled until the house meeting.
- Resident must have ability to pay rent in cash and pay a security deposit up front as proof of good faith.
- Resident agrees to abide by all TV channel, sports spectator, music and video gaming restrictions within the home in the public spaces – No Violence Allowed. IF it is audible to others we request that music or other sounds are limited to motivational tapes, spiritual oriented sounds, and soothing consonant music such as Baroque Classical music.
- Residents are expected to be actively working towards their life goals and dreams and are also expected to support fellow residents in their respective ambitions.
- Full-time residents are encouraged to be responsible for and to lead or facilitate one activity of their choice on a regular basis: meeting, workout session, hike, learning activity, or anything that inspires them. WholeWay Home is for leaders!
- Residents are expected to learn all they can about the links between addiction, recovery and nutrition as it relates to brain health and happiness. Residents are fully expected to invest in and take the supplements, foods and/or whatever treatments are recommended by their integrated health provider.
- Residents are required to be familiar with meditation AND the concepts behind “The Four Agreements.”
- Visitor Policy: Additional visitors/guests are not allowed during normal day to day operations. Exception is for healers (like energy workers/minister/health coach/masseuse/etc.) with prior notice to all other residents. I.E. everyone should have a courtesy heads-up that someone is coming over.
- No overnight guests.
- Resident agrees to abide by all House Rules without Exception. Management will have sole discretion to determine whether resident(s) have violated any of the Rules. Any violation of Rules is cause for discharge of the resident from the premises. Any visitor who is found to be unwilling to abide by the House Rules, or appears under the influence or unstable will be asked to leave immediately.
- Discharged Residents may be readmitted subject to staff approval, meaning based on overall conduct during previous stay and events surrounding your discharge. If a guest is readmitted, there is never a refund of lost rent.
- These rules are general guidelines and do not encompass all conduct that acceptable. Residents are expected to use Common sense and plain Good Manners.
- Rent is non-refundable for any reason. No exceptions.
WholeWay Home does not discriminate based on race, creed, color, sexual orientation, age or anything other than you be committed to radical and positive change!